Terms & Conditions
- All SMR reptiles will be in outwardly good health and condition, and we guarantee proper gender.
- Unless otherwise mutually agreed upon, for domestic (USA) destinations, all snakes we ship will have been voluntarily feeding on unaltered (not scented or manipulated), appropriately-sized frozen/thawed common laboratory mice.
- All domestic orders with U.S. final destinations will be prepaid by way of Visa, Master Card, Amex, Discover, JCB and Diners Club credit or debit cards, PAYPAL, personal or company check, money order, bank check, cashier’s check or bank wire transfers. Some fees and restrictions may apply to International orders, but only bank wire transfers are accepted for ALL International orders. Checks for domestic orders must be payable to Don Soderberg or South Mountain Reptiles and must clear both banks (yours and mine) prior to shipping. Due to current next-day carrier policy, any live arrival guarantees are honored solely by South Mountain Reptiles – not the carrier. This live arrival policy applies only to shipments with domestic (U.S.) destinations. Since the live arrival guarantee is strictly SMR policy, please, do not contact the carrier for any reason. Unless we are not able to supply the types of snakes reserved by prepayment or deposit – before they were available for shipping – no refunds will be issued. If we are not able to fill the order as specified by the customer, we will offer a refund, or credit to be used within a specified time period.
- Domestic (U.S.) retail orders are shipped using door-to-door service to avoid the hassle of traveling to your airport. We only ship Priority Overnight on Mondays and Wednesdays for respective scheduled next-day delivery, but only if those days are not in conflict with a national holiday, a reptile expo we may attend, and if weather permits. Orders to be shipped on a Monday or Wednesday must be processed prior to 2 pm, central if you specified for us to ship on the day of a Monday or Wednesday order. This domestic door-to-door, next day delivery shipping and handling service is available throughout the contiguous U.S. and will be prepaid to SMR by the customer prior to shipping. Whether you order one or 100 hatchlings (less than one-year-old) snakes, you pay only one shipping fee. At this time, the shipping fee for retail (published web site prices) orders to any U.S. location is $39.00 per order/per location/per date. There are no other shipping and handling fees associated with weekday door-to-door, domestic service. (Texas residents pay 8.25% sales tax for all orders). Animals shipped via door-to-door carriers will be guaranteed to arrive alive only if the package is personally received from the carrier by the customer (or an agent of the customer) on the first delivery attempt. Packages not handed directly to the customer (or agent of the customer) are exempt from our live delivery guarantee. Signature waivers or any respective instructions from the customer to leave the box (not personally hand the box to the customer or agent thereof) automatically negate our live arrival guarantee. All shipping fees and terms apply only to retail orders for snakes purchased at our advertised prices. Wholesale orders may have higher shipping fees and will be handled on a one-by-one basis.
- In cases of delayed deliveries (or other problems associated with orders in transit), please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We routinely monitor email, but should you require personal communication via telephone – regarding your order – request a phone call from us in your email. Be sure to include your telephone number. As the shipper, we can expedite delivery more quickly than Fed Ex since we are the customer of the carrier.
- You may alternately choose airline cargo which is available to most major U.S. airports. The premium counter-to-counter service must be prepaid to SMR prior to shipping. At this time, the cost for domestic airline cargo (Delta Dash) is $120.00. Airline service is only offered by appointment. We’re very far from an airport and usually only ship via the airlines once a month.
- Not unlike shipping via FedEX, if your package is shipped via one of the Airlines that allow animal shipping, all reptiles will be guaranteed to arrive alive if picked up by the customer (or agent of the customer) within four (4) hours of flight arrival and only if the temperature at the destination airport is above 40oF.. If any animals are injured or dead, you must notify us within one hour of accepting the shipping box. SMR will not--in any way--guarantee shipments that are delayed or lost by the airline carrier, but claims may be made directly with the airline carrier in such rare instances. In the event of dissatisfaction with your order that is not related to transportation, you are responsible for notifying us within 48 hours of flight arrival. If you elect to return the reptile(s), you will be responsible for all expenses required to properly and safely return the reptile(s).
- The price list on this web site is updated periodically. Prices may change without notice, but never after you make a purchase, of course.
Signed Book Giveaway to celebrate 2k followers on Instagram.
Subscribe to our Newsletter for a chance to win a signed copy of
Don Soderberg's Corn Snakes in Captivity.
A winner will be announced this Sunday (03/13/22) 6pm CST.